Green plants are growing in peoples’ hearts everywhere, and for good reasons, too. Adding living foods into your life, which are bountiful sources of enzymes, fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, chlorophyll, and phytonutrients, can provide numerous short and long-term health benefits.
A green lifestyle is more than a “diet.” It’s a philosophy, a complete lifestyle, and the means to total health and vitality. Raw and living foods give you the energy needed for the overall maintenance of your body, including your organs, muscles, nerves, brain and metabolic functions.
Adopting a green lifestyle that offers an abundance of nutrients helps to provide:
- Increased energy
- Greater overall well-being
- Lower cholesterol
- Feeling satisfied longer and on fewer calories
- Preventing and fighting diseases
- Preventing constipation
- Blood sugar regulation
If you’re a soon-to-be former meat and dairy connoisseur looking to discover the wonderful and bountiful health benefits of a green lifestyle, it can be difficult figuring out what steps to take first. To help you get started, here are some helpful tips for transitioning to a green lifestyle.
- Purchase a high quality food processor and blender – If you have great equipment, you’ll be able to easily whip up amazing dishes packed with flavor in no time at all.
- Search for appealing recipes – Not every green recipe will tantalize your senses. Search for recipes that you find most appetizing and that your palate likes best.
- Clean out your pantry!
- Eliminate refined and processed foods, including boxed meals and packaged mixes.
- Eliminate fried and microwaved foods– They damage your body, brain, and increase the likelihood of developing a disease through decreased oxygen levels.
- Eliminate excitotoxins– This includes MSG, cysteine, and aspartic acid.
- Eliminate animal meat – They’re loaded with bacteria, hormones, dioxins, and are hard on the digestive system.
- Eliminate artificial sweeteners and sugars, including refined and organic sugars, honey, and maple syrup.
- Eliminate refined vegetable oils and salts – They raise your cholesterol levels and invite metabolic disorders.
Keep going! – It won’t always be easy, but try to stay motivated, and remember that you’re not alone on your green lifestyle journey. Find a community of like-minded individuals who share your green passion and can offer support, wisdom, and helpful advice whenever questions or doubt strikes.