The Practice of Holistic HealthCare
The future of medicine is in developing a personalized and holistic approach to healthcare.
“Health is not merely of the body, but of the mind, body and spirit combined.”
Did You Know
- 68% of all Americans use or have used some form of holistic or complementary medicine.
- More than one-fourth of hospitals offer CAM Therapies a survey by AHA Health Forum.
- Hospitals are now starting to offer non-invasive therapies to appeal to the broad range of patients and consumers.
- Patient DEMAND is the main reason hospitals and medical centers are offering holistic practices.
- Treating the Whole person studies show is 60% more effective for long term survival rates for many diseases.
- Careers in holistic healthcare are booming
- CAM and/or holistic healthcare is totally consumer driven. (see article complementary medicine surges forward)
- Where is CAM and holistic healthcare. (see article)
- More – Did you know? (see article)
- Prevention, Preventative healthcare and the application of the least invasive therapies
“First” is the future of our healthcare.
Healing Comes From Within
- The 3R’s
- Andrew Weil, MD in his book spontaneous healing says: Healing is an inherent capacity of life
The System operates continuously and is always on call The system is diagnostic and will recognize damage
Damaged Structure will be removed and replaced with normal structure
The system will direct moment-to-moment corrections that maintain normal function
Holistic Health Modalities
- Polarity Therapy
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Meditation, Yoga
- Stress Management
- Reiki, Reflexology
- Chinese/ Ayurvedic medicine
**Check out CAM at NIH
Questions and Answers
Mary Jo Ruggieri PhD.