Article of the Month
Detox For Life – Start Now!
Juicing For Health
Fresh juices are complete whole foods. Juicing is the fastest way to get live and enzyme-rich foods into your diet.
Green Juices To The Rescue
* Excellent cleansers and assist in eliminating mucous.
* Help eliminate toxins from the body.
* Helps to calm inflammation.
* Nourishes cells
* Alkalizes the body
* Balances blood sugar
Veggies For Juicing That Have Therapeutic Properties
* Sprouts: (most all sprouts) Complete food high in proteins, alkalizing, helps blood coagulate; immune booster.
* Cucumbers: Cooling; food for kidneys, skin; natural diuretic; good for muscle and connective tissue health.
* Celery: Alkalizing; hydrates; lowers blood pressure; helps digestion.
* Carrots: Cancer prevention; cleanses liver; helps skin problems; very alkalizing.
* Red/Green Peppers: Anti-oxidant; immune builder.
* Beets: Cleanses blood; helps circulation, colon, liver, and gall bladder health.
* Garlic: Anti-viral; lowers cholesterol; immune builder.
* Ginger: Digestive balance; anti-inflammatory; immune builder.
* Potato: Great for joint issues.
A great cooling juice to drink daily is:
Cucumbers (1 and 1/2)
Celery (3 stalks)
Combination of sprouts, sunflower or pea greens (4 cups combined)
Reference: Hippocrates Green Drink
Specific Veggies to Juice For Best Vitamins and Minerals:
* Vitamin C Juice: Broccoli, onions, parsley, red bell peppers, sunflower sprouts, kale, cabbage, and spinach.
* Selenium Juice: Garlic, onion, and ginger. A good Ayurvedic trilogy.
* Vitamin D Juice: Sprouts alfalfa, sunflowers, and mung beans.
* Potassium Juice: All veggies!
* Folic Acid Juice: Green beans, cabbage, beets, parsley, spinach.
Need A Juicer (Extractor…Not A Blender):
There are good juicers that you can buy that are sturdy, easy to clean and moderately priced.
Things to look for in a Juicer/Extractor:
A. Twin gear – Uses two slow-spinning gears.
Single Auger – Squeezes the juice.
Both of these will do most fruits and veggies. They will also juice/extract wheatgrass. Samson or Green Life are good brands.
B. The Champion Juicer which is a little bulky, will chew and squeeze out the juice. This is a masticating type of juicer, and will make “ice cream” out of frozen fruit like bananas!
C. General Centrifugal Juicer with the basket on the top are inexpensive and work fine. They do not get as much juice out as others. These are juicers such as Jack LaLanne and Acme Juicer.
Always Use The Pulp That Is Extracted!
The pulp can and should be used:
* Used as a high-enzyme mulch.
* For desserts, especially if sweet from carrots or apples.
* Used to make soups or vegetable stock.
There are many books and manuals available on juicing and many great recipes to try. It is best to stick to a few that have the most benefit.
This fabulous book was written by one of our Alum. It is beautiful and insightful. Be sure to pass along this information and link to friends and family:
Hearing a Different Voice: Spiritual Intervention for the Autistic Spectrum Disorder, ADHD/ADD and Learning Disabilities
by Consuelo Cassotti
Case stories of special needs children addressed through an alternative approach. Consuelo Cassotti, B.S., with her “Energy Balancing and Awakening the Soul” sessions, is helping children and teens with ADD/ADHD, autism and learning disabilities become more balanced and self-confident.
This book is available through Amazon:
More Detox Wonder Foods
Detoxifying your body is easier than you might think. When detoxing, your goal should be to increase bowel movements, stimulate liver enzymes, and assist the kidneys with elimination of toxins that build up in tissues, organs and blood.
Here are some fabulous foods that you can incorporate into your daily diet that will assist in detoxifying the body:
* Apple Cider Vinegar – The acids can bind to toxins and help the body the eliminate them. Also good for breaking up mucous. Use raw apple cider vinegar (with the “mother”) if possible.
* Blueberries – A true super food high in fiber.
* Cherries – Contain healing compounds that increase enzymatic activity, thereby “washing away” harmful bacteria and toxins.
* Pomegranates – These will give your immune system a boost which is important during a detox program!
* Whey Protein – Whey is one of the two proteins found in cow’s milk and is considered to be more easily absorb by your body than other types of protein. Whey contains 98% of essential amino acids, which are the primary method of Cell Detoxification. Whey protein is also considered a “liver healer”.